23.9K views

I did not understand from their ads that each beauty shipment is billed in 3 installments, so I actually paid 3 times the amount that I thought I was paying for each shipment. They advertise that you can adjust the timing of shipments, so I went to their website and lengthened the time between shipments, but they kept on charging me just as before.

The timing of shipments does not seem to relate well to the timing of payments, so it is almost impossible to determine what the company owes you when you cancel your subscription. In my case, I sent back my last shipment, hoping for a refund, but of course I didn't get one, and the person who took my inquiry call told me that I had not been a member long enough to get a refund. Whatever that means. As to how the products work, they seem fine, but not out of the ordinary.

Neutragena works just as well without the extreme expense and frustrating hassles.

Do not get involved in this company. My guess is that Cindy Crawford and her spokespeople get this product for free and don't have to deal with this outrageous ordering system, which is really designed to be as obscure as possible so that the most amount of money can be extorted from consumers before they wise up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Meaningful Beauty Subscription.

Location: Los Angeles, California

Comments

#1920749

Thought about buying MB but not after reading all on here.Way to much money and not need the Stress with cancel if I don't like it

#1911523

I totally agree with you on this installment payment joke of a plan. DECEPTION!

Just saw the commercial on TV. Looked on the internet and saw comments from others who have used this product.

Thanks for your comments. I will not buy this product!!

just had that same experience...feeling very rippled off

@PissedConsumer1879539

Don't fall for this rip-off. It is a trap.

Same exact thing happened to me Shame on you Cindy Crawford. You should have some dignity and scruples

I laughed at these so called reviews. If you have makeup on your pillow, you didn't wash your face well!

If you didn't read the entire offer shame on you for getting "over charged" Good products cost money! And almost every CO offers a deal for timed shipments.

I would not call this a Product review at all!! I'm looking for real reviews not whining!

Thanks for your review. Glad I saw this before purchasing.

If the product was that great they wouldn’t need to use deceptive practices. Shame on Cindy Crawford and other celebrities who promote scams like this

#1820636
@PissedConsumer1808729

I always check scams and comments., the customers they have no reason to lie. Personally I think Cindy had work done on her face., not by this cream., you can see pictures of her over the years., those changes do not look like it’s from her line of creamed she sells. I be Been lied to numerous times in previous years by misleading products that done do anything.

@PissedConsumer1808729

I read a couple of reviews stating that the products caused them to get blemishes. I thought that they were nuts, until it happened to me!!!

I will NOT be getting more Meaningful Beauty, It certainly does cause pimples!!!! And the products get into the inner corner of my eyes each time - no matter how careful I am! Then it irritates them!!! Also the skin cleanser does NOT take off all of your makeup.

Proof is - I have white pillowcases. I was so shocked that I had makeup on my pillows! No thank you!

No more Meaningful Beauty for me!! There are better products out there that work better and are less costly!

Michelle F
@PissedConsumer1808729

Exactly! Apparently being washed up leads to peddling fake products and using fraudulent activity to keep an income coming in!

Aidel
@PissedConsumer1715220

What a scam! picked out my package, they say it’s one price, you receive it and tell you that you will be billed again three times.

That’s deception and a lie. What kind of scam is this is. I’m cancelling and I’ll send it all back!

Thought it was a time charge. Not worth 239$.

GLAD I READ THIS BEFORE I ORDERED THIS PRODUCT. I WAS WONDERING WHAT IT MEANT BY 3 INSTALLMENTS...

SO.. GUESS I WAS RIGHT... 3 INSTALLMENTS OF 49.99. THEY SHOULD MAKE THIS MORE CLEAR TO CUSTOMERS...

THIS IS NOT RIGHT....

AND A REFUND SHOULD BE GIVEN AT ANYTIME.. THERE SHOULD BE NO LIMIT ON HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN A CUSTOMER!!!

@PissedConsumer1311579

No, that is not how it works at all!Before I begin, I am currently not a customer of meaningful beauty, but rather a corporate executive in a different industry. Your first order is highly discounted.

They send you the product (way to much than you payed for, as well as, other valued bonus gifts)You then have a option of receiving a 90 day supply for a three month charge every quarter or a 90 day supply and they will spread that three month charge over three months for you. Which makes it more affordable for you. The reason that they send the 90 supply is also to save you money on shipment.

No matter what product that you decide to use it will cost you far more than this program. Unless of course you want to use soap and water!

@PissedConsumer1342944

Thanks

@PissedConsumer1342944

You are lying! You can use many other products beside soap and water and not get tricked into perpetual monthly payments for life that are impossible to. The company will tell you they cancelled your subscription which you have no choice about signing up for at the time of first purchase and they still continue to Bill you even when you return their shipments..it just continues!!

Meaningful Beauty Reviews