Meaningful Beauty BEWARE!!!

725 of 796 Meaningful Beauty reviews

I watched Cindy Crawford on TV and thought I'd try it, as I am 37 and love great cleansers, moisturizers, etc..to help prevent an aging complexion.

I used it and wasn't real impressed. My teenage daughter liked it, so I let her use the rest of the supply. Then I was sent the vitamins separtely "as a free gift" they say. I had no clue I would begin receiving a larger supply of my original order automatically, but thought, well it's Chrhistmas and I can give it to my daughter then I will cancel.

When I called to cancel, they advised that my total $ due is not finished charging (extends out months!). I couldn't ask my daughter to give it back at this point, so I advised them to cancel after the final payment was taken in February (this was in Jan). I received an email confirmation of the cancellation. Today, I received a box of the meaningful beauty vitamins, which I never even ordered the first time and was automatically sent to me as a "free gift".

I went to my credit card account and noticed my card was charged over a week ago (we are in March now). I called meaningful beauty and they said I would need to speak with someone in the "vitamin department"...ug...so I spoke with the girl and she said she would cancel the account and process the refund after the vitamins were sent back. Livid, I threatened calling the BBB as I never originally ordered these vitamins and to keep my $ over a month was such a scam! She told me she wasn't part of my phone call when I canceled in Jan.

and I told her that no one had told me I needed to make 2 phone calls to 2 different depts to cancel future shipments. I asked her if I opened the package if the package return would take care of itself without me having to pay or if I should put "return to sender" on the package. She said "the package will take care of itself". I have opened the envelope and container...I will have to pay to send it back.

Beyond frustrating! I have spent so much money on this useless product and I am very disgusted!

This makes me hestitate from ordering any products online!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 29 Yes 29
725 of 796 Meaningful Beauty reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 09, 2016 #1091755

the same thing happened to me! "Ma'am, do you want the number to the vitamin line?" What? another I wish I was better about NOTHING is for FREE! The vitamins AUTO-SHIP and you are charged, you can not return anything after 60 days. They do charge your card even before the shipment occurs!!!! It takes 4 to 6 weeks to get your money back!
It is ridiculous that you have to be so vigilant and waste so much time with a product you were sent as a FREE gift #nothingisfree #meaningfulbeautyfineprint

Dec 23, 2015 #1082922

The exact same thing happened to me. I got transferred 3 times, finally to Guthrie Ranker. The Meaningful Beauty customer service claimed that they had no idea what my account was, couldn't pull it up, put me on hold for about 2 minutes and the voila! Told me they would transfer me to Guthrie Ranker. IT is a scam. They know they need to transfer you and they purposefully give you the run around about this. I will never order any of their products again.

Dec 16, 2015 #1079580

The problem isn't with the actual company but with Guthrie Ranker. I've had problems in the past but it was always thru Guthrie Ranker. I've learned if I really want to try that product, listen carefully ... Never agree to auto-pay you want to try it for 30 days, they say their sending you 60 day risk free.... They say they are sending you vitamins or an other product for free to try..... Sometimes you have to be rude or stern... Say all I want is-----, I don't want anything else, I only want the 30 days of -----, nothing else. Once they said I understand, but.... Yes, wanted to send me something else for free, I interrupted and said " Look, I don't want to be rude, but i don't want to waste your time, please don't waste my time, I only want ------, nothing else. That always seems to work for me. I also get name and id# in the. Beginning. Hope that helps.

Jan 23, 2015 #935159 Boston, Massachusetts, United States

I went through the same thing. Terrible company to deal with. Such a scam. Shame on Cindy Crawford and Guthry-Renker for promoting this product and company.

Sep 29, 2015 #1040609

Now I'm scared BC I just ordered it and she said I cud cancel anytime but just give it 48 hrs b 4 I cancel

1 2 Reply
Meaningful Beauty and Meaningf

Nov 11, 2014 #898558

Meaningful beauty and meaningful beauty wellness uses Cindy Crawford image in a terrible way, they are a scam and the same owners of proactive, they steal from people by scamming and charging your credit card in sneaky ways and with disguised fees. They don't tell you they are three different companies and you have to call different numbers to cancel their multiple accounts. The customer service phone number 1-800-813-3826 for meaningful beauty wellness doesn't work at all, they have it set it up so it picks up the call then an awful load computer noise is play, the call is never answered it gets automatically disconnected. They definitely don't want you to get your call at all and I am pretty sure this must be illegal as a business malpractice and call avoidance. I knew proactive was bad with this but beautiful meaning is even worst, I am pretty sure they are being investigate for unethical business behavior by the BBB. This is the worts scam ever and cant believe cindy is associated with them. This really irritating and the kind of abuse they are imposing on people while robbing them is unfair, this should be reviewed by lawyers.

Tammy2035

Aug 28, 2014 #862893 Bush, Louisiana, United States

I had the same issue with the vitamins except that after I cancelled and sent back the three month supply that they conveniently charged me for a week before I received the product, they actually sent another three month supply. I am so confused of what I actually owe compared to what they have taken from my bank card. I did call again with a much aggressive approach and threatening to posting my experience with them all over the internet and so far I haven't received the vitamins again. I do like the facial cleanser and creams though. To me, they are very worth it. It does work if you use it as directed. I have very obvious results.

sucker

May 01, 2014 #810950

I also got the vitamins without ordering - have returned them, but have yet to see a credit on my charge. I think I have lost the first amount (1 of 3) that they said they will charge me, but I won't pay the second and third installments.

mel

Apr 03, 2014 #801673 Maben, Mississippi, United States

I also made the mistake of ordering this product. I saw on TV went online and ordered it and not one time did I see that I would receive shipments and be charged a monthly fee for it. What a crock of ***! And the vitamins that you get as a "free" gift...you are also sent a supply and charged for them. I just called and canceled my account and the guy says.."you have a balance of $88.32..Would you like to take care of that today?? WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY?? I'm sending everything back that I received and I was told Future shipments have been canceled and I would receive a refund for everything charged minus S&H. But of course he said that would take 4-6 weeks??? OMG...JUST DONT ORDER IT!!!

Jul 04, 2014 #835859

Same thing happened to me I really liked the skin care line. I will never order again because of what they did to me with vitamins! Horrible service!

Cheryl

Apr 03, 2014 #801566

I am being charged for the vitamins also! 89.95 + 8.97 s/h for 180 vitamins! $100 for vitamins!!!!! There is no place on the site to cancel this either. I am livid!

disappointed

Mar 14, 2014 #794814

I can't believe this scam is allowed to continue. Cindy Crawford, how could you allow this to take place. we are not billionaires. We hard working people ,living paycheck to paycheck and lured into buying your product. Yes lured I say. I'm sending back the vitamins I didn't order and hope my refund comes back to my checking account. Shame, shame.

Gale

Feb 01, 2014 #780994 Palmetto, Florida, United States

Cindy Crawford, what the *** are you doing? You are part of one of the biggest scams I've EVER incountered!!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO PEOPLE WHO LOVE YOU?
:?

Dec 02, 2013 #751466

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!! Ordering anything from Meaningful Beauty is like signing a deal with the devil. You'll never get out of it, no matter how many times you phone their call center to cancel the product. After the initial order the actual costs are cleverly hidden through multiple debit orders and you'll find yourself paying through the nose. Had the same issue with the 'free gift' vitamins... free gift, ha! No matter how many times I cancelled the beauty products and the vitamins, they just kept arriving and I kept being billed. Then you have to spend your precious time, energy and money trying to return the stuff. I deeply regret the day I EVER heard of this product - and it's not even that great.

livid

Oct 29, 2013 #734703

very similar experience, received the vitamins as a 'free gift' and suddenly got another supply bottle, and monthly charges AFTER I called and cancelled back in July. I am still waiting for the refund. The stories they have been giving me every few weeks are unbelievable. Today, I actually spoke to the same person. They did not even follow up on her internal note from over to weeks ago. If no resolution occurs by the end of this week, I am refuting the 3 months charges with my bank and let them handle the situation.

Very interesting business scam - they take your money, say the refund takes up to 6 weeks, and in the meantime they earn interest on the money collected....well done, but short-sighted.

gab

Sep 03, 2013 #711134

This is a SCAM. Never buy this stuff, I cannot believe they get away with this. I too was charged multiple times, call and cancelled , waited on the return label they promised to send that never arrived and was charged again after this. So $32.94 charged to my credit card 3 times for 1 90 day supply of vitamins that I can buy at Walmart for 15 dollars.

v

Jul 18, 2013 #683206

I am in total agree with you and had the same experience. It's a scam and there should be a law about them being able to do this. It's a lot of money for nothing. I wish I had checked it out before I ever ordered it. I have learned a valuable lesson.

l8nytsimmer

May 02, 2013 #645221 Carnegie, Pennsylvania, United States

:eek OMG! I just watched Cyndi's commercial, and went online to order. I'm a terribly skinny, 62 year old, with many health problems. Admittedly, very worse for wear:cry. My face is lined, wrinkled, careworn, and quite bony. Heck, I'm bony all over :sigh, and need all the help I can get. I thought, if this Mellon stuff works for Crawford, it just may work for me, too. So, I ordered the smallest, Basic package. I never like to spend too much on cosmetics and personal care products:x. First of all I'm a Scot, and very tight-fisted with my money :upset I'm also an Avon Independent Sales Representative, and not only do I see their products, I USE them. They are both Halal and Kosher, because Avon discourages all animal testing, and the use of animal products in their cosmetics. 8) That's important to me. Avon's products are gentle, easy to use and wear, and decently priced. If you check my bathroom, and bedroom, you'll find a TON of Avon cosmetics, personal care items, colognes and perfumes, fashions, shoes, products for the home, cute novelty items, such as my cute, sports car - shaped... Show more

Hey

Oct 24, 2012 #559425 Roberval, Quebec, Canada

D'ont ever agree to meaningful beauty ,, nightmare to get rid of themmmmmm *** take money send peoduct!!!!!! Be aware!!!!!!!!

Heather101

Sep 05, 2012 #538493

This is one of the best products I have ever used. The serum reduced my lines around my eyes. The neck cream really tightened the skin on my neck and I have had never had any problem with the customer service...I hope you have a better experience next time you order something. Probably best you just go into your local beauty store and try the product first. Good Luck ladies

1-20 of 23 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Meaningful Beauty. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Meaningful Beauty.
Filing a new complaint about
×