Filter by rating :
filters

MEANINGFUL BEAUTY BILLING HIDDEN

I ordered sample intro pack, AS SEEN ON TV, of $39, added 2 extra products for $10 each . . . paid at the time, went to cancel one month later, today . . . since I will be out of country, only to find I owed them $99! At some point they turned sample kit into deluxe, full size 90 day trail, and did not tell me I would owe them anything more than the $59, AND THAT IS THE AMOUNT I WOULD PAY PER SHIPMENT!!! I didn't get trick that shipment means Monthly, with Monthly size . . . I got full size, which according to them, is a three-month supply. They got me! :eek I am pissed, since had they given me notice of full amount owed at initial call, I never would have authorized anything to continue! :sigh I paid it today, called back and asked why wasn't I just billed the total on day of call ... heavily accented Asian, couldn't understand, but knew I was pissed! Their cremes may work, but full-disclosure policy DOES NOT. MAD IN MIAMI

OMG im dealing with the same thing now...unbelievable

Do not order from this company....worst experience ......you cannot get out of the billing system....... bull ***..... not even that good of a product.....

Severe Reaction | Meaningful Beauty review from Portland, Oregon

I tried to use the product but it left dry patches that I couldn't get rid of and when I tried to return it they told me it was outside of the 60 day money back guarantee there was no return address and it took customer service 8 times to send me the address which I never received an e-mail until it was too late. It took me several months of using a reputable hydration products to get my skin back to normal. I will never ever recommend this product to be used by anyone. I have file a complain with the BBB.
#801926

Same thing happened to me dry patches all over face and bumps this stuff is hirible :?

What was the return address so we don't have to wait until it is too late??!!

Thanks.

Loss

Called to cancel shipments months ago | Meaningful Beauty review from Wilmington, North Carolina

Called to cancel my whatever plan they sat me up on because the $39.95 order comes with a catch. They send u more before u know it and draft your account. Maybe I didn't understand completely but I did call to cancel any other shipments because my employer closed his business. Instead of canceling my account I find out today she suspended it for six months when I realized my bank account had been drafted again. Not only that but I won't get a refund for 4-6 weeks. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Plus I haven't seen the promising results either. This company is horrible and only cares about getting your money. No care for the customer that has helped them add more to their million dollar company.

RETURN ADDRESS:

POBOX 10218

DES MOINES IA 50981

Mail them EMPTY so it does not weigh much.. send it insured / return receipt requested ..

QUOTE FROM THIER WEB PAGE "I think you'll love Meaningful Beauty® as much as I do, but if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, just return the containers within 60 days of receipt, and you'll get a full refund of the purchase price (minus shipping and handling), even if the bottles are empty."

I called today to cancel and they gave me the same *** excuse.. we will postpone your shipments for 6 months... THAT IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR... I WANT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT .. PERIOD...

Better Business Bureau and Consumers affairs is my next step

Customize Your Deliveries

After you receive your initial delivery of Meaningful Beauty, you can adjust the delivery schedule and contents of your Meaningful Beauty deliveries at any time. Just tell us how often you would like to receive your kit and which products you want included. You can cancel or suspend your deliveries at any time by contacting customer service. UNQUOTE

Glad I decided to read reviews, was about to order but not now, thanks for the comment

#719607

Wow..that is sooo awful that people are sooo disappointed with this product and they are NOT standing by it!!! They say it's the best product and it keeps you looking younger when it makes your skin red!!!! What is this company doing to the consumers.????

I have the same experience. Re returning, they don't pay for the postal cost, nor do they have the real address in the invoice...

Long story short--not easy, requiring multiple calls.

I finished. Let's see if I get the refund in 4-6 weeks.

View more comments (4)
Service
Meaningful Beauty Customer Care
Tags
  • Meaningful Beauty bad service

Don't bother ordering this product You will never get it | Meaningful Beauty review from Show Low, Arizona

Ordered this product June 1st 2013 they said I get the "priorty" shipping 5-7 days! Going on 3 months now I've called numerous times had to repeat my address every time they acted like I have the wrong address and there famous lines "I understand your frustration" I asked them to give me the tracking number she gave me the one for UPS and my post office both of them were non existing! They don't care and the "spokes model" doesn't care about anyone she cared about all the money she's making from us!! I found a product that's top 10 beauty product it's No (number) 7!! U can order or Walgreens sales it they merged with this company! It works great! And even better u don't have to deal with customer service who could care less!
Service
Meaningful Beauty Customer Care

Awesome product | Meaningful Beauty review from Kingsport, Tennessee

I do not understand anyone that would order a product for your complexion ( that is a luxury) if your bank account does not have enough money in it to cover your bills and the luxury you order. I am assuming you called them for their product, they did not call you. This product is awesome, and reasonably priced, go to macys and price their skin products. What a shock, it can cost you hundreds a month! What this boils down to is " IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A LUXURY PRODUCT THEN DO NOT ORDER IT". Do not knock the product if you can not afford it, go to walmart and buy their products.

That is right "enough said". You must be a wo MAN.

Did you catch what is in your title. I have a better name for you though. *** All of you are!!! Ask yourself why this country is in the shape it is.

I want a new house, i want a thousand pair of shoes, I want kids (oh that you are going to pay dearly for in the long run), I need a bigger closet for all my clothes I have to have, I want , I want!!!!!! ENOUGH SAID.

Mr Happy is..well...quite frankly...a man. Nuff said really.

Mr Happy51 you are an ***! When you receive the next shipment and the bill on your card and you cant get this company to stop robbing you come back and tell us how happy you are, until then get lost!!

Cindy does plastic surgery, that's the secret to her youthful look. No chemicals on this planet can reverse aging, but there are some that accelerate the process though .

I don't know about MB, but Like the others I went through the hoops trying to cancel after the product caused a skin rash. I am not against people making a buck, but it has to be fair and square.

#720474

sound like you work for the company. If you buy at a store at least you will get what you paid for and not billed monthly for product you did not order or receive

Esmond
#719696

By the way I am not a Madame, I am a SIR. To you!

Where did it say I was a woman! Would not want to be one either!!! First of all, you never put a recurring charge on a debt card. You always use a credit card.

That way you request a new card number, and guess what. The problem is over. Once again, MEN prove who has the intelligence!!!

***** back at you!!!!! :p

@Esmond

@Happy 51 - You obviously have no idea abut the real problem with this company. It has nothing at all to do with anyone's bank balance at the time of ordering and everything to do with false claims about the product (which irritated my skin just like it did so many others) as well as the company's underhanded, dishonest customer service policies.

Never have I seen a company so adept at conning the consumers regarding product efficiency, costs, billing practices, and ability to receive fair treatment in the event of customer dissatisfaction. Plese don't trivialize these issues or, worse yet, consider the issue one of consumer greed or lack of female intelligence. This is a serious problem and needs to be addressed. No company should be able to get away with outright theft from consumer's bank balances or place unauthorized charges on their credit cards.

Fair Business Practices dictate that customers with legitimate complaints about a product or the way a transaction is handled should be able to receive satisfaction. This company is dishonest about their product, their charges, their billing practices, and their customer service. I, for one, will never do business with them again and I'm advising everyone I know who has expressed an interest in Meaning Beauty to read these complaints first.

I wish I had.

this site is for people discussing their problems / complaints about meaningful beauty's customer service / shipping/ auto billing & trying hard to cancel the service & if you like meaningful beauty then go to another site & give a good review & stop harassing these people that were unhappy for some reason & have every right to cancel if they so wish this is a problem with many companies & auto billing/ delivery wen ive had a problem with such issues i go to my bank to make it stop & you can always get a new card also try using a prepaid debit instead but for you madame what ***** you are some one who wants to cancel a auto service has every right & may do so for many reasons whether they have money in bank or not is irrelevant i find it odd you even saying such things madame have you never canceled any service b4 ??

this truly is a problem with many companies always ask for confirmation # & name of person & follow up call & follow up that with a letter to cancel by mail or fax or email or all & very easy to go to bank with problem they will do something that prevents the change from going thru i had wanted to try meaningful beauty im not so sure now madame not sure what this cancellation issue has to do with complexion & luxury & money in the bank ??? do you not think that poor people want good skin care & do you not think that rich people ever cancel an auto billing on a product no longer wanted you madame need a reality check :upset

Not reall sure what **** means, but does not sound that good. I work retail and people always want something for nothing.

I learned a long time ago, you get what you pay for. But with beauty products it is a personal thing. Anytime I have a problem of cancelation I just have the credit card company issue a new card and number. Problem solved!

Oh, never use your debit card cause it is much harder to stop that. But the people on here complaining about the product should not do that! Because everyone's skin is different and react differently to products. For you Suzanne, you must be the one that over drew her account!!!

Must have hit home to you, go to walmart and run over someone with your cart.

It will make you fell like a real person again. :p

For someone to be mad that people obviously dont like this product and blame it on that persons bank account is obsurd! Its apparhent these people do have the funds in their accounts, some are simply stating how the products management are ripping them off by charging their account for extra bad product they never signed on for!

So youre a *** person to try to belittle someone for sharing their nightmare experience with an obviously nightmare product! Have a nice day

View more comments (9)

Meaningful *** job. | Meaningful Beauty review from New York, New York

This company is a scam. No one should risk their credit. I cancelled an order and they continued to send their garbage. They are charging me 128 dollars even though they sent the product without my consent. Calling to cancel does not work. This is how they respond even though I asked them to stop sending me the product: We apologize for any confusion surrounding your account details. Our records indicate your account was cancelled, as requested, effective July 25, 2013. Nothing further will be sent to you. However, prior to cancellation, a 90 day replenishment order was sent to you on May 23, 2013. This order has a total cost of $128.84, which was scheduled to be billed in 3-monthly installments. However, we were unable to obtain authorization for payment, and an invoice was sent, due upon receipt. Meaningful Beauty® has a 60 day money back guarantee. Any Meaningful Beauty® product purchased directly from Guthy-Renker which is still within the money-back guarantee period can be returned for a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling. Unfortunately, according to our records, your product is well beyond our 60-day return policy. Meaningful Beauty will always attempt to process reasonable exceptions to our 60-day policy; however, given the length of time that has passed since your last shipment, we are not able to accommodate your return. Sincerely, Christy GRFS Consumer Affairs They sent the items and I foolishly accepted the package. i spoke twice to someone and yet they do not communicate internally. They only yes you on the phone but deny anything said via the email. I only used the cleanser and returned the full package. This company and product are a scam. M.Garcia

Umm, in the U.S., if you use a product and want to return well after the return

policy date what did you think would happen? It's called trying to get something for

nothing or trying to get over

Reason of review
Problems with payment

Furious | Meaningful Beauty review from Dayton, Ohio

I called and ask that they NOT send me any more product. They were trying to send me 2 boxes from 2 different accounts. They told me all was taken care of and I would not receive anything. The next thing I know, I have NO money in my accounts and 1 is overdrawn and 2 boxes show up at my door step. They went ahead and shipped those boxes to me and took they money out of my accounts!!! I was FURIOUS! I posted my story on Angie's list , facebook, and every other place I could find. They will not get away with this. I got a shut off notice for my phone, could not get school things for my daughter , for what they DID!. This is ***.

Dear anonymous,

You can't blame a company any company for an overdrawn balance- that's you

fault it's called being an adult.

@Lexi

And "YOU LEXI" obviously don't know how to read or comprehend. It IS the companies fault when you 1.

NEVER order that quantity and 2. CALL and specially asked them NOT to send the product !!!!

Dr. | Meaningful Beauty review from Greenville, South Carolina

I ordered a sample trial size of skin care products, which were nice products, but then I started getting these "beauty vitamins" in the mail which I never ordered to begin with and noticed a recurring monthly charge to my credit card for approximately $33, which has been ongoing for the past several months, despite my written request to cancel any further orders with Meaningful Beauty. This is ridiculous, but not surprising given the "Guthy Renker" connection, as I had a similar bad experience with another Guthy Renker-associated product years ago. Today I spent over an hour on the phone(mostly waiting for someone to answer repeated calls to their 1-888 number and then having to call back 3 times when the call got disconnected repeatedly after finally getting someone on the line. I was told I will have to sign an affidavit and mail it back for them to start the process of a refund.

I have had the same experience with the vitamins. I never ordered them but yet they keep coming every 3 months and charging my cc every month.

I called today to cancel everything. I'm hoping they do cancel as I read many complaints saying that they don't after several telephone call attempts.

MEANINGFUL BEAUTY IS A TOTAL SCAM

I ordered the 30 day supply to try and cancelled the account after I received it. Within a few weeks I received a 90 day supply and was also charged over $120 which I did not authorized. This put my checking account into overdraft and other payments were declined as well because of this charge. Called customer service and the were very rude and basically said that when I ordered the first product I was told I would receive a 90 day supply. I tried to tell the agent that when I placed the first order I indicated that I did not want to receive any other shipments but I got no where. I 've filed a complaint against them with the Consumer Affairs dept. Lets see what happens.
Dollie

Same thing happened to me today. I ordered sample intro pack of $39, added 2 extra products for $10 each .

. . paid at the time, went to cancel one month later, today . .

. since I will be out of country, only to find I owed them $99! At some point they turned sample kit into deluxe, full size 90 day trail, and did not tell me I would owe them anything more than the $59!!! :eek I am pissed, since had they given me notice of full amount owed at initial call,

I never would have authorized anything to continue!

Their cremes may work, but full-disclosure policy DOES NOT. MAD IN MIAMI

Loss

These products are not worth it | Meaningful Beauty review from Atlanta, Georgia

They are sold by Guthy Renker...which always upsells....and it becomes almost impossible to get a refund or discontinuation of charges once they get your money. Basically, I saw the infomercial and decided to try the products. I got them. I found them oily....they sat on my skin rather than being absorbed into my skin. Also, I didn't like the smell....it just wasn't a nice smell for me. I have used Shiseido for years and I decided I wanted to see if there was anything better....and there isn't. So..I'm going back to my Shiseido...happily.